Shell Rimula R2 Extra Multi
Provides additional protection against deposits
No matter how hot, cold, steep, dusty, muddy or extended your operations, you need to know that your oil will protect your engine under all conditions.
The Energised Protection of Shell Rimula heavy-duty diesel engine oils works relentlessly in three critical areas:
- Acid control – well-proven performance additives help to protect against corrosion from acids formed as fuel burns.
- Deposit control – helps to keeps engine clean for consistent performance and long life.
- Wear control – keeps moving metal engine surfaces apart for long engine life.
Shell Rimula R2 Extra Multi
Shell Rimula R2 Extra Multi Energised Protection oil uses proven combinations of additives that adapt to your engine, keeping it clean by carrying away dirt. Reacting to the needs of your engine, the oil releases its protective energy when necessary, to help ensure reliable and consistent protection against deposits and wear, whilst resisting thickening by heat. Approved by leading engine makers, Shell Rimula R2 Extra Multi is suitable for use in most heavy-duty applications including turbocharged engines.
Shell Rimula R2 Extra Multi provides additional protection against deposits needed for turbocharged and non-turbocharged, heavy-duty diesel engines.
Extra deposit control
To deliver the extra protection required in higher power or turbocharged engines, Shell Rimula R2 Extra Multi contains up to 20% more active deposit control additives than more basic oils such as those meeting API CF-4. This performance is demonstrated through meeting the engine tests required by leading engine makers, Mercedes-Benz, MAN and Volvo.
Should you use Shell Rimula R2 Extra Multi oil?
- Provides robust protection against deposit formation in many turbocharged engines from Mercedes-Benz, Volvo and others, where temperatures and power are higher than in non-turbocharged engines. Ideal for short and long distance haulage.
- Suitable for heavy-duty bus and coach operators with older turbocharged engines and in high temperature operations. Approved by major bus manufacturers such as Mercedes-Benz, MAN and Volvo.
- Provides versatile high performance protection for many agricultural applications including higher powered, turbocharged engines.
How to use R2 Extra Multi oils safely
Shell Rimula R2 Extra oils are unlikely to present any significant health or safety hazards as long as you use them properly in the recommended application. You should avoid contact with skin and wear impervious gloves with used oil. If the oil does come into contact with your skin, wash immediately with soap and water. To dispose of used oil, please take it to an authorised collection point. Do not pour it into the earth, drains or water.
Shell station locator
Fuelling journeys, driving connections - Take a trip across the country and our strategically located 780+ Shell forecourts will be a part of your journey, fuelling your visits to family and friends.